HOLDEN BEACH, NORTH CAROLINA
HOLDEN BEACH, NORTH CAROLINA
*SETTING UP THE PUPPY‘S PLAY/SLEEP AREA*
Set the puppy area up in a corner of the room you use most. This way, even when puppy is in his pen he sees and hears you close by.
You don’t have to set it up like this exactly, you can arrange it to suit yourself. This is what works for me. I set up a 6 or 8 sided dog playpen. On one side I put a hard shell crate ( take the door off so puppy can go in and out.) If you want, you can just put a soft bed instead. Place his water & food dish near this spot. Your puppy will be litter box trained. I use a puppy litter pan ( found on Amazon), cover the bottom with pellets ( alfalfa, paper or wood) These make house training much easier. You want to get washable pee pads ( puppies shred the disposable ones and newspapers.) Put the pee pads far away from sleeping and eating area. Put the litterbox on top of the pee pad. Scoop out daily with kitty scoop; change completely every 3 days.
1. 6-8 sided dog play yard
2. hard shell small crate
3. small soft bed
4. food dishes -stainless bowls only
5. cleaning products that remove urine smell.
6. Puppy food - Iams Puppy ( kibble) and Iams Puppy (in a can) both found on Amazon.
7. Treats - I start with plain Cheerios while puppy is under 6 months old.
8. sound machine or radio
9. “ Snuggle Puppy,” ( optional but all puppies LOVE it) it has a heart beat recording that sounds just like a Momma‘s heart.❤️
10. puppy litter pan
11. Alfalfa, wood or paper pellets
12. kitty litter scoop
13. Probiotics - NU-VET PLUS K-9 powder
1. Collar - for tags only! I don’t recommend using a collar on a small dog for walking. Their treachea is small and bruises easily.
3. poop bags
4. pooper scooper
6. Slicker brush
7. metal comb & flea comb
8. raincoat (optional)
9. Sweater ( optional)
10. baby wipes ( for bum) alcohol free, non scented
11. bells to hang on door to signal they have to potty ( research this)
12.Nutrical, extra vitamin supplements for picky eaters
13. Nu-Vet Probiotics - NuVet Plus K-9 powder
14. Nu-Vet ear cleaning solution ( clean ears weekly)
15. Nu-Vet Shampoo
16. Nu-Vet Labs cleaning spray to remove urine stain/odor
** link to order from Nu-Vet with my code ( this is not found in stores)
Click on button to go to Nu-Vet Labs
Treat your puppy as you would a baby. If the toy is small enough to fit in it’s mouth it could choke on it. NO ROPE TOYS! They shred the ends and swallow the strings which can be dangerous. NO RAWHIDE! This can’t be digested and puppy
will need surgery to remove.
2. Deer antlers ( great for teething)
3. Kong toys
4. soft stuffed toys - make sure there aren’t any eyes, bows or anything attached that puppy can chew off and choke on.
5. Snuggle Puppy
7. Lick pad
8. Interactive toys
Copyright © 2023 CoastalCavapooPuppies&HavapooPuppies - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder